In addition to wearing a mask for children two years and over:
- Remind your children to physically distance by keeping about 1-2 metres away from other people, including their friends.
- Do not use playground equipment or other things strangers may have touched.
- Hand sanitise frequently and wash your childrens’ hands when they return home.
Teach your children:
- how to safely use hand sanitiser: rub hands until it they are completely dry.
- how to safely wash their hands: wet their hands, rub soap for 20 seconds while singing a favourite song, and rinse.
- respiratory hygiene. This means coughing or sneezing into their bent elbow covering mouth and nose, or into a tissue which they must then throw straight away into a closed container and then wash their hands.
- to avoid touching their faces.