There is more use of bleach solutions and hand sanitisers at this time – make sure they are out of reach of all children.
- Do not put these solutions in containers where they may be mistaken for soft drinks or water
- Wash all children’s eating utensils and toys that they may put into their mouths with soapy water
- Don’t wipe down toys and eating utensils of children with bleach solutions, this will be poisonous for children when they put it into their mouths. Rather use a soapy water solution.
- Older children can be involved in their own care. It is helpful for them to know the reasons for what you ask them to do.
- Children’s hands must be washed often, especially before and after meals. Also, as many times in-between meals as is practical. Normal soap and water is best.
- You can play a little game with children and teach them to sing a song while washing hands