The symptoms and signs of COVID-19 are the same in pregnant women as the general public. Everyone should take care to avoid infection or infecting others. You can help protect yourself by:
- Wash hands as often as possible with soap for 20 seconds (or use alcohol sanitiser)
- Try to stay more than 2 meters away from others, if you can and avoid crowded spaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: cough or sneeze into your bent elbow covering your mouth and nose, or into a tissue which you must then throw straight away into a closed container and wash hands with soap for 20 seconds).
- Open windows when possible and keep household surfaces clean with 4 teaspoons bleach in 1 litre water. Keep bleach out of reach of children.